Friday, March 18, 2011

Do You Play Crochet?

One night last October I was walking in the East Village with my dear friend Mary.  We were out being young and fun and we came across a most impressive craft project.  It was dark and we were walking along deeply engrossed in conversation when I happened to look up, stopped in my tracks and exclaimed


"Oh my holy Grandma!"


There we were face to face with a big multi colored, but mostly pink & purple, camouflage yarn covered Volkswagen.  Now I have seen similar installations, for instance in Portland there is a hipster knitting "cozies" for the bike racks in front of certain north Portland libraries...but this was a major undertaking.








Kudos to You, you happy East Village knitter person!  You are a true artist!

Jake








1 comment: